Feminist General Assembly (FemGA) Agenda Template
(The agenda is a suggested scaffolding so feel free to modify it to suit your Occupy community)
1. People gathering
2. Introduce Fem GA (history of women in your Occupy) – 5 minutes
3. Gathering: performance – 8 minutes
4. Popcorn/food shared values: 10 minutes (shared values to find
commonality and a values framework for action)
5. Story telling/consciousness raising: find 2-3 people you don’t
know… suggested questions: – 15 minutes
- a. What personal experiences have drawn you to, or alienated you from, feminism?
- b. How does being a feminist make your life easier or harder?
6. Break Out Group Discussion – suggested questions: – 50 minutes
- a. What do you think are the three main goals for feminism today?
- b. What are you already doing regarding these goals, or would you like to do for them?
- c.What help do you need from your allies? What can we collectively do to bring about change toward these goals moving forward?
7. Report backs: 25 minutes
8. Announcements – (Space for organizations to share their projects and invite people to speak to them afterward – This is a good opportunity to announce your next Fem GA planning meeting here so interested people can attend, and take a temperature check on the next GA’s time frame). – 25 minutes
9. Thank everyone for coming. – 3 minutes
10. Closing: Movement/Stretching/Hugging/Singing – 8 minutes
Facilitation: It’s suggested Fem GA planners should be the facilitators of the GA. It is likely you will need more facilitators for the breakout groups.
Mic check: Yes
Get Involved! Sign up to host a FemGA