You probably replace your washing machine as often as you replace your car. And while you are taking your car in for regular motor maintenance, are you giving your home
Keeping your appliances in good working condition does not require a lot of effort. As long as you keep your appliances clean and you engage a power troubleshooter from Singapore whenever you see signs of power problems, you can stretch out the lifespan of your appliances and even save on your electricity bill at home. It is only a professional electrician you should trust when it comes to handling probably the most dangerous element of yourhome—electricity. Your home’s electrical service work should never be taken for granted at all cost to maintain the safety and value of your home.
Many incidents of home fires in Singapore dishwasher by
- Clear up the lint trap every time you unload a batch of clothes
- Every time you vacuum around the house, vacuum your dryer as well. Use a brush attachment to vacuum out spaces in your dryer where the lint trap is located.
- Also, clean the lint hoses regularly. If you have pets at home that shed a lot on sofa and pillow covers, then you will likely need to do it more often, though experts suggest doing it once every two months. Forgetting to clean the lint traps and hoses can cause your dryer to work harder, using up more energy.
Very few household appliances can create as big and costly a mess as a washing machine. With so much water and clothes churning around in there, you want your washing machine to be always working perfectly fine every time you do the laundry.
- Change the water hoses every four years. You do not want them to tear and burst, flooding your home and causing even more costly damages. Do also take note to turn off the faucet where your washing machine hose is attached when you are not doing the laundry.
- Before loading the clothes into the machine, go through each pocket to remove any items. Pens, wrappers, coins and other loose items trundling in
theirwhile your clothes are being washed can scratch and damage the insides of the machine. And even if these items cannot break the drum, it can cause damageon your garments, which is another hassle and costly problem to bear.
- No matter how tempting, never overload your washing machine as it can burn up your machine’s motor fast.
A clean dishwasher ensures a healthy home, so be sure to clean your washer regularly to avoid contamination on your utensils. Clean the spray arm as food bits can easily build
Keeping your refrigerator well-maintained does not only help extend the life of the
To keep your fridge running efficiently, vacuum the condenser coils at least once a year. But before doing so, make sure to unplug first the appliance from the wall socket. The coils are usually found at the back or at the bottom of the fridge. Lastly and most importantly, make sure to follow the maintenance guide in your fridge’s manual booklet.
Energy Saving Tips on Household Appliances
- Unplug electronics from the wall. Standby mode of appliances sucks more power than you think. Oftentimes, appliances default to standby mode when they are not in use, which means they are still using up energy. Instead of just turning off major appliances, like computers and TVs, unplug them from the wall outlets to ensure you are cutting off their power consumption when not in use.
- Use timers. Electrician services in Singapore recommend using timers on household appliances to help save on energy. Use the timer so your AC automatically turns off when you go to work. That way, you can enjoy a cool home without you having to pay for cooling while you are not at home. Try to ask your electrician if there are timers for other appliances as well, including your home lighting. Doing so will avoid instances of accidentally leaving an appliance on to inflate your electricity bill.
- In case of short circuit or power line problems that caused a power trip, call for a professional electrical repairman based in Singapore to help restore a power outage. These professionals know exactly what to do to bring back the
power,while making sure that the surge of electricity won’t damage your appliances at home.
- Change into more efficient lighting. Have your licensed electrician change every single light bulb at your home with LED lights. These light bulbs use less energy than CFLs. Like any other innovation, LEDs will likely cost you more initially than CFLs, but you will significantly save a lot from your monthly electricity bill.
- Hire a professional electrician for all your electrical works. May it be maintenance or repair jobs, it’s important to have someone who you know you can trust when it comes to your home electrical works. Keep a contact of a professional electrician here in Singapore to help you with emergency power issues at home.
Extending the life of your household appliances is a matter of properly maintaining the appliance itself, as