QUICK AND EASY 30-MINUTE ACTION AT BANK OF AMERICA
- Find a Bank of America in your city.
- Decide on a location and an exact time, such as NOON to 12:30, or 5:00 – 5:30 PM. Add your action to the Women Occupy calendar.
- Print out the FLYER with reasons to stop banking at B of A and how to move money to local banks or credit unions. Add your own info or use as is.
- Invite your local folks to join you in this action using email, phone calls, facebook, twitter and in-person conversations.
- Optional: Make a sign or banner – suggested slogans:
Women Occupy Bank of America
Justice for the 99%
Break Up Bank of America!
Bust Up Bank of America!
Women say: Stop Foreclosures!
Women say: No Evictions!
Ready, set, action! Suggested order of activities: Show up at the appointed time and place, outside the bank; display banners and/or signs; start with chants and then hand out flyers to bank customers and passersby; end with a rousing singing of one or more songs; and THANK folks for showing up.
Other optional activities:
- Use this handy Day of Action Guide.
- Alert the media with this sample press guide – add your own event details.
- Invite folks to join you in chants, conversation and/or song.
- Read aloud the 13 Reasons to Target Bank of America
- Gather names and emails of people interested in joining you for future Women Occupy actions.
Guide written by Janet Weil. Questions? Email Janet at info [at] codepink.org.